Saturday, March 25, 2006

Currently on the table

I have pulled out my book by Jane Dunnewold - Improvisational Screen Printing - wonderful book and I really must do some printing. There are some great ideas there and lots of ideas that you can take further.

I recently bought a very inspiring book by Janet Edmonds - Three Dimensional Emboidery. Well it is more like 3D fibre and lots of other "stuff". I loved some of the ideas to play with. One in particular was a piece that looked like a huge cone shape stack of pancakes. Yum. There were also a lot of vessels made of coiled fabric in the style of coiled baskets only the idea was taken further with more stitches and texture. I have been wanting to make "nests" for a long time now and this book gives me lots of inspiration to add to some of the samples that I have done previously. (I hope I can find them).

2 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

Yes, dig out those samples and let's see them. The 3D stuff is really interesting, and think how you could combine that with your dyed fabrics.

Anonymous said...

First catch your screen.... I have the JD book too, and I keep drooling over it but haven't gotten any further yet! I let my TAFE Sculpture teacher borrow my copy of 3D embroidery,(muaaa haa haa subtle plan to get her to do more textiles teaching!) and haven't been able to get it back yet....