Thursday, March 09, 2006

Printmaking class

The top print is dry point which was very messy but fun. It started off a bit of a mess but when printed came out okay. It was supposed to have a Pacific feel to it. Not a method that I will do much more of but was worth learning.

The bottom green and yellow print was another woodcut which I enjoyed. I want to learn more and be able to carve my own prints and stamps for printing onto fabric of course. These are all done by the "reduction" method (sounds smart doesn't it) . Again this was supposed to have a more Pacific flavour but I decided in the end that it felt more Scandanavian - big turnaround. I would liked to have done it in red and black but had to work with the colours that we had in class. Can't wait until the next class to do some more.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

These look good, Kat. Is this stuff you'll be able to do at home once the class is over?

Unknown said...

I love the look of these prints, I have neve come across dry point printing, but a lovely result.