Thursday, March 16, 2006

This week's print

Darn it, I lost my original post. I never have quite the same inspiration for words the second time around.

This week the tutor thought that my print was very Aboriginal and said that he thought it should come up well on fabric. I hope so because I made a complete dogs breakfast of my prints on paper - the colours tended to be too similar and didn't show the design well. I have done more carving on the woodcut since and taken out a lot more of the background. One day soon I shall print them all onto fabric. I haven't been enjoying the white paper that we have been printing on in that I don't like the white lines and would prefer to have coloured backgrounds.
Anyhow it will all have to wait a bit longer, I am away for the weekend.


I'm off to Wanaka for the weekend. The Otago Embroiderers Guild use the high school there and have a weekend of classes with a little shopping added on. I am doing the book binding class which I think will be fun - I am not really much of an embroiderer anyhow. I haven't really organised myself well for the class. I should have most of the things on the needs list somewhere around the house so I have started to gather them up. I have started to organise some clothes too and if I pretend to do some housework in the middle of it all then I will have accomplished something for the afternoon.

I will try to remember to take my camera and take pictures - some of the classes are quite interesting and very creative and can be easily interpreted in all sorts of fibres. I think there is even a class in paper making too. Fun, Fun, Fun. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shirley Goodwin said...

Yes yes, I want to see photos. And I really like that block, a lot of work has gone into that.