Monday, April 03, 2006

Quiet Week

It has been a quiet week, I have been feeling very tired and lacking in energy. I haven't been getting much time for myself to relax and unwind and I think it has all caught up with me. Anyhow nothing that a couple of small dyeing sessions can't fix. I dyed mainly in half and one metre pieces and tried a new technique of dyeing - some worked and some didn't quite work.


I always enjoy dyeing and the serendipity that it brings. There are some odd colour combinations, some unexpected surprises (well it is all unexpected really) and there were a couple of "why on earth did I do that!" pieces as well. There was nothing that cutting up into smaller pieces won't fix. And for once I ironed it straight away - usually it gets folded and put away with the ironing only being done when I want to use it which is what I always do anyhow, iron just before I use it that is.

I am feeling a bit more relaxed now and ready for the stresses of the coming week and coping with all that I have to fit into it. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These look yummy! And yep, I agree - nothing that can't be fixed by cutting it small enough (or overdyeing!)

Dale Anne Potter said...

Those fabrics look FABULOUS - maybe the ones you aren't too pleased with you can use some of Jane's techniques or even Rayna's and do more surface design to them!

Shirley Goodwin said...

I've been surprised at how some of the fabrics I've made that I didn't like much to start with have turned out to be some of my favourites- cut 'em up and see!

Rayna said...

And nothing that some printing on top of won't fix! My ugliest hand-dyes make the best end products.
Get out those screens and stamps and foils and go to work!