Sunday, March 05, 2006

On the line

There is nothing more enjoyable for me when I have been dyeing than to hang it all out to dry after washing out - I pet it all out and then stand back to admire and look at all the nuances of colour and texture in the pieces.

This was a piece that roughly pleated on plastic and then sponged colour on - I like the texture but I think I want to play with application of colour a little more. Down in the bottom left corner there was some blue that had run from another piece on the same plastic and I like how it stayed separate and didn't really blend too much with the other colour being sponged on top.


These both had the sponges placed amongst the scrunched fabric and then wrung out so that the dye transferred - very interesting and lots of fun. Love the seredipity of it all.

Love the earthy colours of the piece on the left but for the life of me I can't remember what I did, it looks better closeer up.

Would you believe blue, apricot and pink were poured on separate areas of these two fabrics scrunched together in a large bowl and then each colour mixed (separately) with brown rose poured over top. I find it hard to believe but that is what happened and this is what I got.

After all this I am still enthused to dye more - perhaps that is why I have ordered more fabric. But then I never can decide what to make with the fabric after that  Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shirley Goodwin said...

Aha, we'll have to work on USING that fabric now!