Sunday, February 26, 2006

Playing around

I'm not having much luck with my last posts that disappeared on a little adventure of their own. Perhaps they might turn up somewhere, perhaps not.

Now I have my photos a little out of order here so let's just admire the fabric first and then down to the sketch.



I was trying to do some sketches of the fern style wrought iron that I had seen earlier and it started to look like a feather quilting pattern. I becane distracted by doing some oval/circle designs instead. Now I liked the one on the left and decided to see how that would go. Now this is a teeny tiny scrap of paper that I started with and it changed slightly in trying to draw it to a larger scale. BTW the purple background that I photographed this on is for you Shirley.


Okay, I know it seems a bit bright but this is what I have come up with so far. It is A4 size which is still small but will have to do for now. I started to think rocks in water as I was auditioning for a background fabric and I did like the contrast only it will change over time with a little bit of this and a little bit of that plus some quilting.

 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shirley Goodwin said...

Now what are you going to do with it?

Sue Krekorian said...

I love this fabric - looks like rust. Totally scrummy.