Friday, February 24, 2006

Having a camera helps

I had to drive up to Christchurch today - it is a long boring three hour drive and then to turn around and come home again after a couple of hours is even more tiring. But to try and make the most of my trip I took my camera with me to try and take photos in the brief stops that I made. And what happened when I saw some wonderful wrought iron - yep I didn't have my camera with me. I was so annoyed. I was too far away to go back and get the camera and never thought to take a sketch either. The wrought iron was in a fern shape and was used in alternating mirror images at the edge of a paved area to keep people from walking straight out into traffic. I was very drawn by the stylised image and the repetition of it.

I want to take my camera out more - I think that taking photos just as much as sketches will keep me focused more on being creative. I will look at doing some sketches later and see how I can expand upon them.

No comments: