Saturday, February 25, 2006

Doing some sketching

I was still annoyed with myself this morning about not taking my camera with me when I went walk about in Christchurch that I got up at 5:30am and did a small sketch trying to re-create what I had seen but of course my memory is not very accurate. I think I will do a small series to sketches and play with the basic idea of the stylised fern leaf fitted into different shapes, e.g. square, rectangle, various triangles, hexagones etc. I did have one or two ideas as to how to approach it as I tossed and turned before getting up to do my sketching and I want to plan to do something in a modest scale, say about A3 to start with. It could be the sort of thing that turns into a series. Once I get organised I will take some photos of my progress and post them.

No comments: