Saturday, April 08, 2006

I have the tools

I went out this morning and bought some woodcarving tools for doing my own blocks - now there should be no stopping me. Any little piece of MDF is now in danger of being carved into a stamp. I have some doodles that were inspired by a glass panel that I saw in a book on Gaudi. I am keen to make some of these up as I think they will look good on fabric.

And speaking of fabric I did some more dyeing today - I was inspired by someone elses blog to go back to a technique that I hadn't used for a while of carefully spooning colours on some scrunched up fabric and leaving them to bleed and blend before putting on the next layers of colours. It gives some wonderful textures. Pictures tomorrow as it is all on the line tonight and hopefully will be dry enough in the last sun of the day and a gentle breeze to carry it along. I love the textures and multi colours in fabrics but really must steel myself to do some plainer (but textured) pieces of fabric that are necessary to offset the splendour of the multi coloured pieces.

No comments: