Friday, April 07, 2006

More Woodblocks

Argh, this posted too quickly without any words so here goes at editing it - I had the same problem with my earlier post too.

These are my latest woodcuts - they are done using what is called the reduction technique. I started with the yellow block, printed it and then cut out some of the tree and printed it in orange, cut more again and printed in green. I think I like the yellow and orange tree best. This series also has a key block which shows in the red and green print, the key block being the green outline but I am not so fussed on using it over the other blocks, it looks rather good by itself as can be seen in the last photo of my wood blocks. The plain coloured blocks below were test prints each time I reduced the block for printing.

The tutor is slowly getting used to me not wanting to make pictures and really I want to make woodcuts specifically so that I can print onto fabric. I can't wait to do some of my own but need to buy some tools (shouldn't be too hard), get some small offcuts of wood (should be easy but as the husband is involved it will be near impossible) and find time !

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shirley Goodwin said...

Oooh oooh I like those top ones. I haven't been able to get Blogger to work with photos at all today.