Sunday, April 03, 2005

ATCs

It is ages since I have written and so much has happened. After receiving my latest Quilting Arts magazine I was keen to do some Artist Trading Cards and of course fabric ones but I have gone completely in a different direction. I joined up with two Yahoo groups that do cards and swaps. The photo albums are great to see and I have so much to learn. I am not sure about doing so many themed swaps and at the moment would prefer more one on one swaps. I find it hard to think about doing more than one of each card but I suppose when you start into a theme you just want to go on and on. It has encouraged me to doodle more which was one of my 43 things. And boy did I cut that list down - I didn't really visit the site much to make it worth having too many things on my list - too easy to neglect the list. I must have a hard copy of the list written somewhere to remind me of the 43 things that I wish I could accomplish (but not necessarily so).

But I digress away from ATCs. I have had a few attempts and gone off the fabric and have found that I like collage but not sure about the talent, it may be lacking a little. Still it is fun and creative. The Keepsake Quilting catalogues have been cut up and lots of pictures and bits of colour have been put in a bag, ready to use. The paper is a bit shiny though so must come up with a way to cut the shine down a little. Saw a wonderful technique of crackling that could be interesting to use over them. I did some collage with newsprint and liked that.

Need to get away from white card as a background for some things. I have found all my hand made paper and glued those to card and cut up ready to use. Love the texture that I now have as a background. When I do use a plain card for background I should at least use an Ecru and look at other colours.

Found a blog - Janeysjourney, that has encouraged me to doodle more and so that is what I have been doing for the last hour. Must get some marker pens to colour them in though.

There is so much to share but that will have to do for the moment.

No comments: