Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Surfing

I have been doing a lot of surfing the net lately. Checking out one or two blogs and some photo galleries. There are some wonderful creative people out there and I love to see what they are doing and it is interesting to read about other peoples lives. People are so interesting even in their day to day activities - well I suppose not everyone but lots of people though. I pick up all sorts of ideas and have read a few books that others have talked about and recommended. I always find it interesting too when I am waiting somewhere to watch people - what they are wearing, how they are wearing it, how they walk, their interaction with other people, their behaviour - it is fascinating to be that fly on the wall to their world. I can't say that I am really that observant, in one eye and out the other type of thing at times but at the time it is great to just sit and watch people.

When I was young I loved to go visit the airport and watch all the activity going on out there. It was a wonderful adventure to wander all through the buildings and outside onto the roof. People were everywhere and there was so much activity. A wonderful place to just sit and observe all that goes on.

These days the only people watching I do is while I am at the supermarket doing my shopping - seeing all the people and what they have in their trolleys and wondering about the significance of some of the items they are buying. Mind you people might equally wonder about the contents of my trolley too!

No comments: