Wednesday, April 20, 2005

doodling

Having fun doodling and drawing. My latest are some horizontal and vertical lines on a page without taking the pencil off the page. I tried to then put black lines in some of the areas without having the black in adjoining areas. Could effectively use just the black lines to create an art work (very modernist). I like the look of some but obviously there are others that just do not make the cut. I will try these for my ATCs with just a slight colour wash for the background or should I add the background wash after drawing the lines? Worth some experimenting to see just how to adapt this technique. Another adaptation would be to use paper collage in the black line areas on a more tone on tone type background. Hmm , I think my weekend is going to be taken up playing with this and see how I can extend it into embroidery and fabric as well.

No comments: