Sunday, June 04, 2006

My Weekend

I hate when things disappear into blog heaven and have to do it all again - it is never the same.

Our club had their biannual exhibition and invited me to have a sales table ( there were only three other merchants). This is the only time I go out of my way to sell fabric and was happy to sell my fabrics. This is my entire stash of dyed fabric (for now). I figure that I can replace anything that I sell with more fabric. It was a great day and worth my while being there.


Shirley from Dyeing 2 Design was there as well. She has a new range of fabrics that she is selling (check out her blog). I had to buy some for some blocks that I was making over the weekend - they are wonderful blendy colours. I will put up a photo when I am a bit further ahead with the project. I am not sure when Shirley will be putting them up for sale on her web site but they will be worth buying - the photos on her blog don't do them full justice - wonderful blendy colours.

This quilt won Viewers Choice - the workmanship is amazing.



This is one of my quilts - I started making it during our last exhibition. I have never seen it hung before and thought it was amazingly vibrant. I plan to bring it to the US with me and give it to a friend's young son for his bed.



I had to take a photo of this quilt. I think it is a real snuggle quilt - warm and inviting colours. Of course I am biased - I love 9 patch.


All in all a wonderful weekend (though cold) and I loved the wonderful display of quilts, the inspirations and wonderful colours.

I think off to the spa soon for a hot soak - brrr Winter is not my favourite season. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Joyce said...

Your quilt does look very vibrant and I love the black outlines around the colored blocks. I am impressed with you sale table too. What type of fabric do you use for dyeing? I have been using one with a fairly low thread count because I wanted to learn on something less expensive but now I need to buy better fabric.

Sue Seibert said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend...and I love your vibrant quilt. It's beautiful!

Webfrau said...

Love your quilt. Your friend's son will be one lucky lad to have that on his bed.