Friday, June 09, 2006

Getting Ready

I am wanting to bring some fabrics with me to give to quilters that I meet on my trip. What else to take but some NZ themed fabrics. I have been cutting and folding squares and of course peeping out at the bottom are some sheep - have to have sheep. I am also going to take lots of dyed fabric with me but I am yet to make my choices as to what to take - probably lots of greens to promote NZs clean green image.


I have also been covering notebooks. These ones are covered with dyed fabric but look nothing at all yet the fabrics by themselves are fabulous. They probably need some embroidery/stitching to bring them up more but I am in a hurry and this is all there will be.


I also did some in NZ fabrics to bring along as give aways - I am quite pleased with how they turned out. And when the notebooks are finished the fabric can be taken off them and reused for something else.


I still have some more notebooks to cover (hopefully I will meet lots of people to give them to) and a couple of goodie bags to make for my surrogate grandchildren. And of course I will have to go shopping to find some goodies to put in the bags.

After that the only thing I really have to think about is a bag for my camera. It is currently in this huge bag that my husband bought for it - way too big to be carting everywhere. I thought I would make a double padded carry bag for it that won't look so out of place for me to carry about. Hopefully I can get myself organised and get all this done this weekend. Next weekend I hope to reserve for packing and then it is off on the aeroplane and winging my way to Portland Oregon for the start of my trip. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Your trip sounds like it will be a blast! I hope you enjoy every moment.

Anonymous said...

These are amazing. You have a wonderful sense of colour.
The NZ ones are cute.Make me homesick even if it is not "home"