Thursday, May 18, 2006

Something old

I did these pieces early in the year. They are small and I was just having a bit of a play. It was my way of trying to do something creative when I didn't know what else to do. I was actually in the middle of doing a lot of quilting and sewing but had the need to create something.

I love the simplicity of the palm tree - my first play with a fancy blade in my cutter too.


The lady was based on a picture I had seen and had admired. I would love to do a series of myself and my friends like this - of course there would be lots of artistic license to create the portraits (translated means that no one will actually be recognisable by the time I have finished with them).


Oh well, back to the housework I promised myself I would do today and then give myself a couple of days at the sewing machine. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shirley Goodwin said...

I love these, Kat. The palm tree looks like it's surfing. And please do the series for the second one. Never mind the housework!