Sunday, January 22, 2006

Where did it go?

I know I had a wonderful inspiration for a new project.

I went through all my dyed fabrics yesterday and sort of sorted them into groups of colour and multicoloured to see if anything called to me - it didn't but last night when I was asleep...............

I am sure that it was a wonderful idea - darn I should have woken up and dived down to the lounge to draw on some paper - none of this notebook by the bedside for me - for a start there isn't a lamp there and I don't think the rest of the family would appreciate a light going on and disturbing their sleep (husband and three cats that is). I am sure there were circles somewhere - it is Shirley's fault that I am thinking in circles. But what was I doing with the circles.?

Oh well then it might come back to me later - want to do some overdyeing and dye printing next week and that might bring on some inspiration.

It is difficult dyeing multicoloured fabrics - not so much the act of dyeing but I look at the fabrics and don't want to cut them up and I am seriously not up to par doing a whole cloth quilt or anything remotely arty with my quilting, just meanderings of a giddy spider.

I bought an art magazine recently that was wonderful to look at - quite different to looking at quilt magazines yet so many of the art works could translate very easily into fabric - there were one or two that I rather liked the look of and thought were quite inspiring. Let's see where that might take me then.

No comments: