Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Time Flies

It is hard to believe that it is nearly 9 weeks since Ken left for his trip. I was thinking that I had not done much in the way of quilting compared to what I was hoping to do but when I wrote down all the things that I had done it was a big list. My last job are two 9 patches for a swap and finish sewing the binding down on Tony's quilt so that I can take it to Christchurch with me. And of course I have four tops that have been sandwiched and are just waiting for me to find time to start quilting them.

Ken will be coming back to lots, broadband (without the dramas), the water tank saga (I think the tank needs a good clean out), the broken tree limb (or what is left of it) and whatever else can be found.

I am trying to find my next big sewing project and so far nothing has called to me particularly strongly. I really need to get in and start to use more of my stash. Now that I have decided that it is okay to send quilts away to be quilted I can sew larger tops quite happily. Mind you I will hold the three back that I want to send away until after I come back from the US - I want to save my money for the trip first. Of course if I want to commit fabric to larger quilt tops then I want to be more sure of what I am doing with an even larger amount of fabric at stake. I know that my love of the scrap quilts will dominate my decisions.

There are the fabric collections to take into account as well - the cats, horses, ethnic, japanese, greys, bali batiks, and some other smaller sets of co-ordinating fabrics. I need to start thinking about some of these and how to use them.

No comments: