Saturday, December 10, 2005

Managing by myself

Well it is a month now that I have been by myself and I have been fine - I think the only time that I really needed someone else around was when establishing a broadband connection was being difficult, now it is just expensive.

I haven't done as much as I would have liked but I have tried to be steady with my quilting and keep doing something each week. I have a lot of Christine's quilt quilted, Tony's quilt just needs binding which I don't think will be an easy job, I have nearly finished sewing the binding down on the second wall hanging and now that I have found the Japanese Black fabric I can do the binding on the third.

I have started on the Club Quilt Challenge and have most of the top made - very imaginative with four inch square sewing together 10 x 8 squares. I am not sure about a border or not and I will tie it with buttons I think and add a couple of shirt labels.

I was questioning myself recently, do I really need to keep all the furnishing fabrics. I mean what am I really going to do with them. The same goes for a lot of the fabrics that I have got from the Op Shop - what am I going to do with them. Oh yes, it would be nice to do some art quilts/wall hangings but will I really get there ??? But then what will I do with all those fabrics, I don't want to just give them to Tracey - I don't think she deserves them. The furnishing fabrics are easy, I can give them to the Tuesday group for charity quilts.

I really should look at a lot of the other things that I have lying around as well. All that beautiful silk needs to be made up into whatever it was that I planned to make with it. All the wool that I bought for needle felting - well perhaps Shirley might like to have it. I really didn't get into the trading cards much as I wanted to and still might do something provided it is fabric which means there is a lot of "stuff" that can go out and I can give away some of it to people who do scrap booking.

If I have a good "dung out" I can concentrate on quilts and not be side tracked as I so often easily am. It will give me more space and room in my quilt room.

With all the rain we have been having I haven't got into the garden as much as I wanted to - there are a small number of jobs that I wanted to do and some plants that need to be put out. The poor lawn needs mowing too - I don't know when Derek is going to come again but I may have to do it myself when the weather dries out a bit.

No comments: