Sunday, October 30, 2005

In a Garden

I had a wonderful gardening weekend - in other people's gardens. The NZ Trillium Group had their annual get together this weekend and there were some wonderful gardens to visit. It was pouring rain but that didn't stop a good turn out but it did stop me after I got soaking wet despite a good jacket and umbrella. It is totally inspiring the wonderful large country gardens that some people have that cover more than a few acres, especially when they do all the work themselves! It inspires me to get into my garden more and try to tame the jungle and reclaim some of the garden beds from the weeds. I don't want to take on too much that will draw me away from my quilting but I really should spend some time each week in the garden. I think the first tasks will be to do lots of spraying with Round-up to kill off the weeds and then to put down lots of compost and mulch. After that it is to carefully maintain each area as I bring it back into some semblance of order.

I also bought some small treasures for the garden but it isn't worth getting too carried away and buying too many at once. For me often the best way to keep track of myself and what I am doing is to have a gardening type diary and write all my plans in that.

Ken will be away soon and I have my plans for when he is away - time will need to be found for gardening in all my plans - there seems to be so much that I want to do during this time - two months will go along very fast.

No comments: