Monday, July 04, 2005

Catching up with myself

I feel as though I have been doing nothing exciting or interesting for a while but I have been getting a lot of quilting done. I just need to make time to do more quilting and some of the other crafts that I want to do. I have had a couple of work days over the last month and have managed to get a lot done. Three wallhangings have been sandwiched and the quilting has been started so there shouldn't be too much to do, one of them is to be finished with minimal handquilting around some applique. The cabin windows quilt needs to have the large blocks sashed and then put together - I will have to decide whether a border is needed or not - I could probably order something through Hancocks - cheap, cheap, cheap. I have finally started on Tony's quilt top and will buy the batting soon for it - I will only be tieing it instead of quilting so that shouldn't be too bad - I could even put the binding on quite early while still tieing the quilt. I still have a couple of scrap quilts that I am slowly working on. Oh, and the dyed earth quilt top is progressing well - just have two diagonal rows to sew together - setting triangles to be cut and sewn on and hey presto the top is ready for a border (or not).

I had a big parcel arrive from Hancocks - lots of yummy batiks again - yum! I really must plan to use the batiks for some quilt tops - my collection is getting large. Actually I really need to make a dent into my stash and use some of the older fabrics - makes room for lots more new fabrics! I do have some ideas for lots of simple quilt tops - something to work on in the future.

No comments: